Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

There is no phone support. And if you are referring to the Roku LT model 2700, you're dealing with an 8 year old device. There are two other versions of the LT that are even older. If you have any of those, it's time for an upgrade. The older two versions are no longer supported by Roku, and the 2700 will be next I'm sure.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

Yes, I know the LT is an old model but when my Premiere stopped connecting to the internet I thought I'd try to hook it up and see what happens used since I bought the Premiere in Sept 2020 (when Hulu was no longer supported on that model).  

I've just bought an Amazon Fire Stick and will see if that works and if it does then I know it's definitely a Roku problem.

Too many people with different internet providers are having the same issue so Roku has to listen and do hardware upgrade.

Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There is none.  Pray for a member in the community to help you out.  I don't know very much about this, but I did see if you reset/restart the router, it chooses a channel.  Does it connect to the your wireless network?

0 Kudos
Cdshep

Jump to solution

Respectfully, your support page is not helpful on this issue. If the roku was working just fine yesterday, but not today, as we're all experiencing, then your questions don't matter. Nothing changed, so yes the router is near the source, etc.

0 Kudos
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I spoke with AT&T and we changed the channel and also created a guest wifi network and it still won't connect.

0 Kudos
chriscarder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

intenet is down for my roku too... worked good yesterday now it not

0 Kudos
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What's strange is that my Roku Stick is working fine in the living room which I assume is because the internet signal strength is stated as 'excellent'.

I have an Amazon Fire stick arriving today so will report back as to whether that works fine.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku Stick is dual band, so if you have one Roku working and one not, it's possible the Stick is working fine on 5 GHz while the other has issues with your 2.4 GHz connection. I believe the Fire TV is also dual band, so might not be an accurate test for the troublesome location.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

SUCCESS!

AT&T gave me a Smart Wifi Extender free of charge so I installed that and placed it next to the Roku device in the bedroom.  Turned on Roku and it's showing EXCELLENT wifi signal so the device is now back up and running.  Not quite sure why this made a difference as the 1st extender is only 10-15ft away.

I didn't even installed the Amazon Fire Stick that arrived so will be returning that.

All I can think of is that an auto update on Roku devices made it necessary for then to need an high grade connection to work so if you have the same problem I suggest adding a wifi extender (or 2 if necessary) close to your devise.

Hobbs416

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Although my Roku and router have  been in the same locations for 2.5 years with zero issues. This past month and a half have been  rediculously frustrating with Roku stating signal strength poor... Yadda yadda.. All other devices show full strength wireless connections. I've even tried the laptop and my phone from the same spot as the stick. Perhaps Roku has gone past its best before date and I should buy something new. For those of you with more recent purchases I would recommend you take it back for a refund as it seems from what I've been reading on the  posts Roku is not interested in address the problem.