Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenstoner
Reel Rookie

Problems with Roku Streaming Stick+

I've had an original Roku streaming stick for years.  No connectivity issues.  I replaced it with a Roku Streaming Stick+.  Now, it says the wifi signal is strong, but the internet download speed is poor.  And when it does connect to Netflix or another service, the signal goes out constantly.  What's wrong with this stick? don't tell me to move it closer to the router as it's connected to my receiver and no other device, including the old Roku, is having a problem.  I have four other Roku devices and none is having this issue.  What's the fix?  And if there's no fix, how do I get my money back?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
lenstoner
Reel Rookie

Re: Problems with Roku Streaming Stick+

And I've done a reset.  I've tried connecting to different networks and it has the same problem.

0 Kudos
lenstoner
Reel Rookie

Software version 11.0.0 Build 4193

0 Kudos
lenstoner
Reel Rookie

Did a wireless reset. Says strong signal.  Internet download speed poor. Getting Error 018. Put the original stick back and not having a problem.

0 Kudos
Zelaska21
Reel Rookie

I'm also having this problem with my roku and it starting to really get annoying 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@lenstoner 

Best bet would be to seek refund or replacement under warranty.  If under 30 days, then can return for refund.  After 30 days, but less than 12 months, replacement warranty.  

https://support.roku.com/article/208757158  (Warranty info)

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058 (Instructions for Return/Replacement)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Zelaska21
Reel Rookie

I don't know how to do the warranty and I have only had my roku since December and I'm having alot of problems with it 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Zelaska21 

The links above will walk you through the warranty steps.

However, if you provide your Roku model number (Settings/System/About), and some details about your issues (error codes seen, etc), maybe can provide some troubleshooting to make sure it is a device issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@lenstoner @Zelaska21

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

If you are still experiencing an issue, and need assistance regarding a warranty for your Roku device, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator