Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MisterMert

Problems connecting with my Roku 3

After a software update at the end of June, my Roku 3 will not connect to the internet.  It connects to Wifi, and we get a check mark on connection status, but it will not connect to the internet (red x there).  I've tried all the usual fixes - unpugging and resetting the roku unit, doing the same for my wireless modem/router.  I've contacted Xfinity and they have checked my system remotely and say they can't find anything wrong.  I lowered my firewall settings on the router to minimum and still no change.  Both of my smart TV's have been able to connect to the internet so the problem seems to be pointing to my Roku device.  Could there have been something in that last software update that messed up my Roku 3's ability to connect to the internet?  How would I know if my ROKU 3 is failing?  It seems to boot up normally just as it always has - it just can't establish a connection to the internet.  It literally worked on June 29th and has not since then.   Would appreciate all of your help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problems connecting with my Roku 3

Hi @MisterMert,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your issue with your Roku device not connecting to your network. We would be more than glad to assist. Have you tried connecting to an ethernet port to see if your Roku device will connect to your network?

Let us know!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos