Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NinaDu

Problem with Wi-fi connection

Hi. My mom is having the same issues. Have you found out why yet?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with Wi-Fi connection

Hi @NinaDu,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with Roku, but we will be asking for additional information. What device are you using right now? (e.g. Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) What error message/code are you getting? How far is your device from your network router? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We'll wait for your response, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with Wi-fi connection

@NinaDu-

The post you replyed to did not get carried along with your post on this $#@& forum software so we don't know what "same issues" you're referring to.  Can you supply some more details?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AmJan
Reel Rookie

I need help also. I have two Roku tvs that won't stay connected. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with wifi conexion

Hi @AmJan,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku TV that won't stay connected. Can you please provide us the details asked for by @RokuJohnB above so we can assist you further? Meanwhile, you can try to restart your modem and router, which can help clear the cache, improve internet speeds, and keep your router protected from cyberattacks.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AmJan
Reel Rookie

Hi,  I have two Hisense Roku Tvs that will not stay connected to the internet.  I can get them to reconnect eventually by doing any of the following or all of the following: reconnect internet, set up connection, forget network then reconnect, disable network pings, reboot and reconnect. I have unplugged tvs and left them unplugged for over an hour. I have rebooted modem/router multiple times. The problem persists. All other electronics connect fine including other Roku sticks.  Just not the Roku specific tvs. One of these tvs is barely a year old.  Model #s are 43H4030F3 and 32H4030F1.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AmJan,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

When you try reconnecting your device to the internet, are you encountering any error code or message? Have you tried to connect your device to an alternative network to see if you still see this appear or connect to a mobile hotspot? For more information on how to troubleshoot the network issue you're having, kindly refer to this support article at this link: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@NinaDuWhich WiFi band are you using (2.4 or 5 gHz) and have you tried using a network analyzer app to take a look at the WiFi channel congestion? If not, I'd suggest you give it a shot. Often changing WiFi channels to one with less congestion can solve the problem. In case you're not savvy, 2.4 gHz has greater range but is far slower than 5 gHz though I'm assuming you have a current dual band router. And which model Roku are you using? As to the network analysis app, the most popular is WiFi analyzer which is available on Android though not sure about IOS. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
mjdbb1
Channel Surfer

If my internet connection drops and the Roku (Ultra on 12.5) reboots or restarts, all my channels are gone, and won't pop back until the internet is restored.  This is a problem for me because if the internet connection is out, I can still use some apps (Tablo, Emby, etc). 

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

If my internet connection drops and the Roku (Ultra on 12.5) reboots or restarts, all my channels are gone, and won't pop back until the internet is restored.  

I'm seeing this very briefly on startup (power on) now on v12.5, though it lasts < 5 seconds, the blank boxes look double vision before the device connects.  The bootup is so fast I don't generally see the dancing "Roku" anymore, in fact this brief blank moment may be in place of the Dancing "Roku".    

Its not really an issue, but I thought I'd comment on this change. 

0 Kudos