Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldDood
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Error Code 022

Jump to solution

Hello... The current ROKU model I am using in a 2010 Panasonic Plasma HDTV is a: 3941X Roku Express 4k+ I recently purchased the Roku Streaming Stick 4k (HD 4K HDR SKU#3820R2 / SN: S0J73374NADA) and as I am seeing, I am not the only one that has an issue getting past the ERROR 022 "wireless receiver not detected" screen to setup the streaming stick...

In your reply, you indicate: "The"Long Range WiFi Receiver" for these models is external to the Roku itself and is included in a large bump in the USB power cable. So, when you indicate "...the Roku itself..." are you referring to a Roku TV ?, a Roku device (such as the one I indicated I am currently using) ? or...? Is the streaming stick not a stand alone Roku device and must be plugged into another Roku device...? I would say it isn't as it is shown as a stand alone Roku device in the instructions packaged with said device...

I attempted to do an online chat with a Roku support rep but got nowhere because I don't think the rep really understood what issue I was encountering other than to tell me the stick was not receiving the WI-FI signal and that I would need to contact my internet provider... Considering the 3941X Roku Express 4K+ Roku streaming device I am using has no issue receiving the wireless signal my router pumps out, I find it odd that the streaming stick has an issue with receiving the same strong wireless 5G signal...

So, do I plug the streaming stick into the Roku express ("...the Roku itself...") then plug the express into the TV...? Or, do I contact support for instructions on returning the streaming stick for a refund...?

I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@OldDood, you should have received a cable like this with your stick:

6ab33b1f-9f0b-4c53-b292-ecaefbab68dd

Without it your stick won't connect to Wi-Fi or the remote for that matter.  Your other device doesn't use such a cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
OldDood
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes... Yes I did... The package included that along with the power adapter and a voice remote control with batteries... Because of the error 022, the remote could not be paired with the streaming stick...  My guess is that Roku has received a bunch of defective streaming sticks; something in that stick is defective enough to give the error 022 message...

Thanks for the reply; appreciate it...

pmneely

Re: Streaming stick 4K (not new) says Wireless receiver not detected; was working recently

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problems as many of you are. The FACT that we are having the same problems is showing that this is a Roku problem that is happening too much to be random.  I've switched Xfinity Internet at 1.2GB and the modem is right next to one of my TV with a Roku Streaming Stick 4K+.  Randomly it will disconnect from wifi causing me to press the reset button or unplug the power. I've tried both the USB and the AC adapter. Still happens in frequently.

This really deserves a better explanation than "rest your modem" or "uplug for 30 seconds" or whatever.  No other device on my wifi disconnects at all, so why does Roku?  Disappointed customer...

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming stick 4K (not new) says Wireless receiver not detected; was working recently

Jump to solution

Hi @pmneely,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku streaming stick 4K+ since it will disconnect from your Wi-Fi. We're happy to assist you further, but we will need more details. How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer) What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (after entering the network credentials)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mj1999
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got a replacement wireless receiver cable for the Roku streaming stick and it’s like a brand new device.  

Mrjn1971
Reel Rookie

Power not getting to receiver

Jump to solution

Just got 4K streaming stick, have tried it on all the tvs in my house with no luck. I have seen that possibly really shoving the connector into the stick helps.  I have tried and sometimes I'm able to get the 1st screen of setup, but it soon goes away and reverts back to the error 22 screen.  I'm beginning to think I got a dud, must be why it was on sale thru Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power not getting to receiver

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mrjn1971

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for flagging this to us, and we're here to help. May we know if you've already activated your Roku Streaming Stick? Also, Can we have a look at the error message prompt you're seeing? An image would be helpful.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrjn1971
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

20231019_173128.jpg

This is the error I am getting. 

I also have a streaming stick (non 4K), that I have tried on all my tvsamnd it works perfectly no matter which TV is used.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Mrjn1971 

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about the wireless receiver. We're pleased to assist,

Have you connected the Advanced Wireless Adapter cable labeled and inside the device packaging? If so, have you ensured all the cables' connections are firm?

Please keep us posted, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos