Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ881
Channel Surfer

Re: Plz Help: 014.30 error code

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar 

Thanks! Switching the 2.4 over to b/g/n through the Xfi app worked!

karrm18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes I verified the rejected access stated in my logs was the Mac address of my roku device. I have 3 routers in my home. nothing has changed with any of them. none of their security settings are any different then they've always been nor has anything changed with my internet. I know for sure the 1 router that I viewed logs for was using wpa2/wpa3 settings. which my Roku device had never previously had any issue with. just suddenly today couldn't connect to any router in my home. apparently recjected access due to "incorrect security" whatever that means 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@karrm18 

As long as each router is configured properly to avoid NAT issues (ie. using distinct gateways/gateway addresses to access internet, and set to proper modes like router, AP, repeater, etc), first step would be to restart the entire network. (all routers, modems, access points, Roku devices, etc).

Need to keep in mind that firmware updates to both Roku devices and routers/ISP occur in the background and the user does not always notice when changes occur.  Other times, just a simple network gremlin and sometimes changing the password will resolve the authentication issue.

Start simple.  Provide the model numbers of the Roku devices you are having an issue with as well as the router model numbers and the configuration modes you have them enabled in (router, AP, extender, etc).

Maybe try connecting one router at a time and see if you can narrow down whether it is a network conflict when the Roku device is added to the mix.  Without specifics, just shooting in the dark here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @karrm18 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with wireless connectivity.

We would be more than happy to assist you further, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to provide better troubleshooting steps to resolve what you are experiencing. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
M_Blank

Jump to solution

Possible Solve for Xfinity customers:

just spent 4 hours with a Xfinity rep on the phone but we got my roku express working again.

This worked only after failing to connect to modem prior.

1. login in Xfinity on laptop as admin url is 10.0.0.1

2. On the left, select Connection then the dropdown option of Wi-Fi

3. About halfway down, there's an option to recognize the roku device under the MAC Adress

4. hit recognize and let me know if it works

Good luck all!!! 

0 Kudos
Mike_49

Jump to solution

I have the 3931RW Roku Express+.....my streamer was working fine and now I'm having the same issue as what is being described in here. The only thing I've noticed is that about 6 months ago I switched to Xfinity from AT&T DSL. The network name still has my AT&T router listed. Is this my issue? I don't understand why this wouldn't be cause for someone to allow on chat with a technician at Roku. I have several channels that I am currently paying for through Roku. I'll probably cancel this and go to my Amazon fire Stick

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mike_49, have you used the Express since you changed to Xfinity?  It's not uncommon for ISPs to update or make changes to their customers equipment, so while you didn't change anything, they may have.  Read this thread from the beginning to find some advice on what to check or change.

If you haven't used the Express since you changed to Xfinity, then it's possible that you just need to go through the wireless connection procedure.

How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There is a pinhole reset on the back of the unit.  Use the end of an opened paperclip to press the reset. After reading a bunch of these posts and giving up, we disconnected it to swap for a premiere on a lesser used t.v. and discovered it. Working again!!! Hope it works for you all!

0 Kudos