Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warev

Phillips roku tv connected to internet but all apps say no internet connection

I'm using a Phillips roku tv it had worked perfectly for the last 6 months. A few days ago it started having a lot of trouble opening apps and playing programs, now every app is nonfunctional. When I open it they just stay on the logo screen when I hit the star button to veiw details is tells me I have no internet connection however when I go into network settings the network test shows a strong signal. All other devices work fine so it's not a problem with the internet itselfI have resetthe router unplugged and replugg the TV turned it off and back on done a system restart through the power menu deleted the wifi info and made seveal threats to dunk it in a tub of water nothing has worked. I'm stumped how the heck can it clearly be connected to internet and show a strong connection on all the network menus and tests but all the apps say it is not connected to internet? Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Phillips roku tv connected to internet but all apps say no internet connection

I feel like you've tried everything, but I have to ask if you're using any VPN or content/ad blocker?  You might want to try connecting to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot, if possible.  It's not meant as a fix, but if it works through a different network then we can try to figure out what the problem might be with your current network.  If you have other network equipment like a gateway or modem you might want to restart them by unplugging the power for several seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos