Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welma

Paramount Crashing on Roku Westinghouse TV

Hi! I recently got a Roku Westinghouse TV, and every so often the Paramount app through the TV crashes, and I can’t watch any content. The app will work fine until I press play, and then about 10 second of audio will play over a black screen before the entire TV reboots. (I still can’t watch anything on Paramount after, but other apps work well.) So far, it’s just fixed itself after a day or two and after uninstalling the channel, restarting the TV, and finagling the WiFi, I haven’t found a way to fix it myself.

So far, everything I’ve read suggests getting an actual Firestick or Roku and not running the apps through the TV. I’m sure this is the best fix, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips to getting the app to work in the meantime? (It’s a dorm TV and I have a spare Firestick at home that I’ll pick up over Christmas, so hoping for a temporary fix.)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Crashing on Roku Westinghouse TV

Hi @welma,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community.

We've noticed that you're experiencing playback problems, and we're here to help. To check if there is a difference, let's try connecting your Roku TV to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then attempt viewing the channel once more.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos