Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkeeler415

One Day All Our Rokus Worked~~today Nada!

We have 3 TVs. One is Roku TV, two others are the little Roku boxes. We have internet with Sparklight. We were having some buffering issues but we could stream Hulu, Netflix, Max, etc on all out TVs. Sparklight came yesterday and gave us an upgraded modem that also works with another box called Eero, a router booster I think. So today when we tried to warch our streaming channels thru our Roku devices and Roku TV it only works on my bedroom TV. The other two just keep coming up with “no network connection” even though our TV screens show a strong signal. We talked with Sparklight tech support for 45 minutes and she basically said it’s a Roku problem. I go to Roku support abd all three of our Rokus “are not available for tech support.”  Well, fricking great. Hoping someone here might have an idea of what’s going on. We’ve rebooted Roku, upgraded software, etc.  pretty much at wits end. How can my TV stream fine with Roku and now the other two that always worked fine now dont want to connect to our new modem and booster thingy. Help…

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: One Day All Our Rokus Worked~~today Nada!

@Jkeeler415 

What are the model numbers for the Roku boxes?  Go to Settings/System/About for both.

Likely a network settings with the new Eero router preventing connection. (The Eero is basically a mesh-type router.  Normally include some "satellites", or extenders you plug in through the house to extend the range of the signal and for devices to connect to).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Mine is doing the same thing! Unconnected last night while I was watching. My roku tv in the bedroom which is farthest from the router is fine but the 2 with plug in devices won't connect. It's not my internet because my phone and roku tv are connected. I've tried everything. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Yes, model numbers please. Simple possibilities include 2.4GHz-only Rokus with a new router set to 5 GHz-only. There could also be there could also be the “B” issue (ie: some Rokus do not get along with some Routers if they are set for only G/N modes, and setting them to B/G/N modes fixes the issue), there could be MAC address filtering etc…

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos