Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert1299
Channel Surfer

On vacation and the broke at male entry point.

On vacation and the USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver (models 3810 and 3811) broke at male entry point. Purchased a generic chord but it won’t work with remote and cannot get it to connect to hotel WiFi because we reset it. I’ll buy a new one but need a work around now. Would also like a discount on the wire because it broke very easily.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On vacation and the broke at male entry point.

@Robert1299-

There is no WiFi receiver in your Streaming Stick -- it's in that bulge in the USB cord.  If the USB cord with long range WiFi receiver is broken, you have no WiFi.  The Streaming Stick MUST have WiFi, both to connect to the local network, and to communicate with its remote.  There is no work around. 

Replacements are available directly from Roku for $20, but probably can't get to you in time to use on your vacation.
Replacement WiFi cord for Streaming Stick 3810 and 3811
Replacement WiFi cord for Streaming Stick 3820 and 3821

You might be better off in the short run to find a Wal-Mart, Target, etc. and just purchase a Express 4K (I know the bottom of the line Express is cheaper, but it is far inferior) to get you back in business on your vacation, and worry about a replacement WiFi receiver cord for your Streaming Stick when you get home.  You'd also then have another Roku to use on a second tv, or at least a backup in case of problems.   Warranty claim instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Robert1299
Channel Surfer

This is becoming more and more frustrating. I ordered the cable for the 3820 wr002 rather than the correct one, which is 3810x wr001.  I have the cable, the confirmation email and the tracking number but it doesn’t show the invoice on my account that I ordered it. I need to exchange or return it. I used chat to talk to someone yesterday who said they would send me a confirmation the correct one was being sent but only received a copy of our transcript. I would like some kind of confirmation that I can get the correct item that I’ve paid for. I don’t want to pay again and the one I bought already is useless. I have so many roku products and this is really much harder than it needs to be. Someone please help me.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Robert1299,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We acknowledge your concern, and thanks for reaching out for support. Please be advised that one member of our Suppor team has attended to your concern, and they will be reaching out to you via email for more information and updates regarding this.

For the time being, we appreciate your patience and understanding as we do our best so resolve this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robert1299
Channel Surfer

I ordered a cable. It’s the wrong cable. I ordered it from Roku.com.  I want to return or exchange the cable. However there is no invoice showing on my account, so I can’t.  I ordered through this account and have the email from Roku the tracking number and the wrong cable.  This shouldn’t be so difficult. Lack of details? What details would you like?  I need a WiFi remote adapter for a 3810x. 

0 Kudos
Robert1299
Channel Surfer

A Roku troll? That’s just sad.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Robert1299,

We appreciate you reaching out about this, and we'd like to know more about this.

Could you tell us more about the order you've placed? Specifically, what cable did you order, and could you please send us a PM with your order number so we can look closer at it?

Keep us posted. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robert1299
Channel Surfer

This is why I’m having the issue. My account is showing no invoice or order number. I have the email confirmation with a link to the order that says it was sent and delivered. USPS tracking number, 9400111206209944090908. 

This was sent through my Roku account but there is no record of it. It was 19.99. I need to exchange it.  This has become way too much of a problem. I’m going to dispute the charge on my credit card since nobody including Roku CS has been able to help.

Cable delivered is USB power cable with long range WiFi wr002.

I need to return it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Robert1299 

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We sent you a PM for further assistance.

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos