Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing I do will connect my Apple devices to airplay.

I have been on dozens of websites and watched dozens of YouTube videos explaining how to connect to airplay.  I have two iPads, both updated, one brand new and an iPhone, updated.  My Roku is updated to the latest software.  Devices and Roku are set on the same internet connection.  When I try to connect from any device, all I get is the box where list of devices are supposed to be and a spinning circle confirming its searching. 

Also, I have two Roku devices, one in bedroom and one in living room.  I only need to use airplay on one device. Do I need to do anything to the other Roku I’m not planning to use?

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nothing I do will connect my Apple devices to airplay.

My guess would be that your WiFi has a security setting enabled that hides your local network from connected devices. This is a certainty on hotel networks and other sorts of public access networks. Home networks it's really not needed, but it's likely a setting available in your router, and it might have been enabled. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.