Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fjo302
Channel Surfer

Not connecting to hotel wifi

portable rokubis not connecting to hotel wifi. It finds the wifi, says the signal is excellent but get an error when trying to connect. Inwas able to set up mobile hot spot on phone & connect to that but that's not ideal. We've used this roku many times at hotels & never had an issue. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not connecting to hotel wifi

Hi @Fjo302,

Greetings from the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem connecting your Roku device to the hotel Wi-Fi. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. What error message or code are you getting? How far is your Roku device from your hotel Wi-Fi router? Is your location reachable from the hotel's Wi-Fi connection?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fjo302
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I'm getting error code 014.50. My phone & laptop are all connected just fine to the hotel internet. It says signal strength excellent. It just circles & then finally says it cannot connect. It never gives me the option to enter credentials.

0 Kudos
Fjo302
Channel Surfer

just checking to see if anyone had rcd my response?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Fjo302.

Having the error code 014.50. means you have entered the wrong password, which can break your internet connection.

You need to initiate and authenticate the network first to successfully connect. No worries! Visiting our Support article on How to use a Hotel network connection to connect to the internet may help you connect successfully.

After the connection is authenticated, your Roku device will return to the Network menu. The Network name should match the network for the hotel, and the Status should say Connected.

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tonyt123

Re: Not connecting to hotelwifi

Not connecting to my wifi st the hotel

0 Kudos
Fjo302
Channel Surfer

Thanks but as I indicated in my post, it doesn't even give me a chance to enter a password.  1. it scans for available wifi, finds hilton honors. 2 connect. 3. It just spins and spins and then gives me that error message. It never prompts me for a password or give me the message about connecting to a dorm or hotel room. It just gives that error code. What's going on????

I've had this roku for a long time. - It's updated to the latest software. We've probably connected it to hotel wifi at least 50 times including this exact hotel in the past.

What's going on? Looks like I'm not the only one having this issue. Help.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tonyt123 @Fjo302,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us updated!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue. Please try to use an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot. If there is no problem connecting to your mobile hotspot, please be advised that streaming results may vary depending on the connection speed at the hotel.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fjo302
Channel Surfer

Hi, Thanks, I tried that and it worked no problem.  I still cannot get it to connect to the hotel wifi (i.e. get me to the part like normal to enter credentials).  What could be the problem?? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fjo302,

Thank you for the quick response!

Please be advised that if your password is correct and other devices can access the router, but your Roku device is still failing to connect to the hotel Wi-Fi, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos