Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Square93
Reel Rookie

No remote / TV disconnected from wi-fi

Hi guys!

I'll introduce you quickly to my problem. We lost, 2 years ago, our roku remote. Our only controller since then was our cellphone. This morning, for the first time, the TV appeared to be disconnected from wifi. Because i dont have the original controller, i can't connect it back. 

How can i connect back the TV on the internet to use my cellphone as a controller again ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote / TV disconnected from wi-fi

@Square93 

You need a remote.

All current non-stick devices can use a Simple Remote ($15) or Voice Remote ($20-$30).

All sticks require a Voice Remote.

Roku TVs require a remote from the manufacturer, or can use a Voice Remote.

Roku Simple Remotes and Voice Remotes can be purchased at Walmart, Best Buy, and a number of other retailers, meaning you can get back up and running today.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Square93
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply!

i have a westinghouse/roku TV. Ill try to find a new remote. If i find one, can i connect it without any control on the tv?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Square93wrote:
... If i find one, can i connect it without any control on the tv?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Perhaps the Roku page on setting up remotes can provide what you want.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

How can you connect your Roku app to use the remote on your phone if your Roku tv is not connected to the internet . I lost my original remote am using my remote app but it will not connect with my TV for some reason please help ?

0 Kudos
renojim

@paulinebarela77, you can't.  Did something change that's causing your TV to not connect like did you move or get a new router?

Some Roku TVs have had hardware failures that causes them to no longer connect.  That would be up to the TV's manufacturer (TCL, Sharp, etc.) to take care of.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.