Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Roku remote and Roku app says can’t find device

So my dog chewed up my remote and I tried to download the app and set it up but says it can’t find my tv even though my tv is connected to my Wi-Fi so this is very annoying wish Roku tvs at least had a power button because I don’t know my IP address . So now my tv is worthless 

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Roku remote and Roku app says can’t find device

@Dazeemcdowell1 

If your RokuTV has an ethernet connection, you should be able to connect via ethernet and the mobile app should be able to detect TV.  Once connected, you should be able to use the mobile app to change your connection back to wireless.

The Roku device or RokuTV has to have been set up on a network successfully before it can be used with the mobile app.  If you have changed networks, factory reset the RokuTV, or this is a new/used TV without a remote and it has never been setup on the network, then will not be able to use mobile app.

If ethernet is not an option, then a replacement Roku Voice Remote or an IR based RokuTV compatible remote can be purchased at Walmart, Best Buy etc to get you back up and going.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102