Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCinIllonois
Reel Rookie

No Internet connection. Error code 016.

I have three Roku devices that I have used for the past 3 years with little trouble. Last week they all shut off while my home network was working properly.  Following a Google search I learned that Roku was disconnecting customers that did not agree to new terms and conditions. Without reviewing those terms , I agreed to them just to get my tv working. Following that,  my devices all worked again for about a day and a half then two of the three stopped working again and do not recognize my network again.  I can find no customer support on line and grow frustrated with Roku.  my home network is functioning properly.  Any suggestions from here would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Internet connection. Error code 016.

Error code 016 is a Wi-Fi signal strength issue.  I doubt it has anything to do with the new policy update Roku is making everyone agree to.  Is the one that connects closer to the router?  It would help to know the model number(s) of the devices involved as displayed under Settings->System->About.

Just to be clear, do you always get the 016 error?  You said they "do not recognize my network again".  That could mean that your network isn't showing up when you try to connect which would be a different problem entirely.

Roku "support" (as it were) would most likely just direct you to a webpage:

How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MCinIllonois
Reel Rookie

Thanks very much for this. The working device is actually closer to the router. The non-working devices do see the network and identify signal strength as excellent. But then identify the further error code as 014.30. 

any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The 014.30 error is often associated with having the router set up to use a wireless mode of g/n and not b/g/n on the 2.4GHz band.  If you know how to get into your router's settings and your ISP hasn't locked it down, you might want to look for anything that mentions "wireless mode" or g/n or b/g/n.  I don't know why it would suddenly be a problem, but it's not unheard of for ISPs to make updates or changes to their customers' settings.  If you give us the name of your ISP and the model of your router someone can probably help with the settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MCinIllonois
Reel Rookie

Thanks for this. I have xfinity with an older router that is scheduled to be replaced. I’ll move forward with that and see what happens. Much appreciated!  

0 Kudos