Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bebe464
Reel Rookie

Re: No Connection every 15 minutes

Jump to solution

Is there any resolution? The same issue continues!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bebe464.

As per checking, the issue is still undergoing the process of fixing, and we sincerely apologize for the delays. Rest assured that our team is looking closely into this issue and has created a ticket regarding it. We'll surely update this thread if we have information to share. As a workaround, kindly try to restart your router and device and connect the device to an alternative network.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @bebe464.
We hope you're doing well.

We just want to follow up on this concern. May we ask if you have another Roku device besides the one that you have provided on this thread that performs the same issue? Also, have you already tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, just to check if it will hold a connection?

Please keep us informed.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had a new issue arise with one of my Roku Stick+ devices. It was just before I ordered a new WiFi extender. I have the Roku remote paired with my 2013 Sony Bravada tv and each time I used the Roku remote to turn on the Sony, the tv would turn off twice.. then the tv would remain on on the third time. It did this all on its own.
I disconnected the Roku Stick+ and the WiFi extender (the one that came in the box with the device) from the Sony TV and did not use the remote for 3 days. On the morning of the fourth day, I reconnected the Roku Stick+, then the WiFi extender into the USB slot in the Sony (where I've been plugging it in since replacing the purple Roku Stick).
I was able to wirelessly connect to my ISP and it even updated. The home page is 4K crisp and the Roku Stick+ works as if nothing went wrong.

So, I recommend you give what I did a try.

• Disconnect power from your Roku device and remove the Roku device from the tv for 3 days.
  • If your tv is paired with the Roku remote, I recommend you do not use the Roku remote for those 3 days.
  • On the fourth day, plug in your Roku, then its power, and then using your Roku remote power up your Roku device.
  • Enter your WiFi credentials and see if it connects. If it does, I recommend you go to Settings>System>System Update.

If you decide to give it a try, please let me know if it worked for you or not.

0 Kudos
kmd1121

Jump to solution

This is literally my roku tv in the living room as we speak or rather as I type!!! My son has had this problem for months now and now its finally hit the living room tv. We can no longer use our tvs without internet dropping and remote lagging freezing. I have a whole new modem and router i just got two days ago thinking that would help and it didnt, Ive reset the tv unplugged it, nothing fixes this issue. My house has 5 roku tvs and it looks like slowly they are all going down hill. sad so sad that customer service keeps pointing the finger at internet providers instead of owning it and fixing the darn problem. Roku USED to be amazing, now its nothing but stress and a waste of money. 

kmd1121

Jump to solution

This is happening to my roku tvs and remote as I type this. I have 5 in my house. My sons started a few months ago and now my living room tv is the same. I have new router and modem, al my devices work just fine except these roku tvs. Weve restet them, uplugged them. Its just wrong that you keep advising on areas of our internet service when its obvious that has zero to do with it. Own it and fix it. Please stop  giving random advice about internet reboots as solutions to cover your products faults. Just own it and fit it. 

SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@kmd1121@RokuJanadeeK
I totally get what you're saying, kmd1121 and I wholeheartedly agree with you that it's a Roku issue and Roku needs to fix the problem. I am just a Roku user, like you. I have chatted with their "customer support" on the WiFi connectivity problem and yes, that person emphasized it was a problem with my ISP equipment - COMPLETELY ignoring the obvious fact that everything else in my home was connected to my internet service.

Yes, I have power-cycled my ISP cube. Yes, I have restarted my Roku Stick+ Yes, I have reset my Roku Stick+ (definitely not a fan of that). Yes, I have reset the network on that Roku Stick+ (definitely hated that). Plugging the USB power cable into the WiFi extender for that Roku Stick+. Then it was completely removing the Roku device from the tv and not using the Roku remote.

Everything I have done with my Roku devices was my own decisions and not a single suggestion from any Roku employee. Yes, I came here to the Forum for help and suggestions. If you go to my profile page and see the other postings I've contributed to, you will see that I got zero help from Roku and everything I did was guesswork, eliminating one item after another. Even the most recent experience I told you about with the Stick+ was a shot-in-the-dark. Honestly, I thought it was my Sony tv and it turned out to be the Roku. I don't know how long it's going to work, but it is working for now.

All I can do is read what the problems are you are experiencing and give you suggestions - totally free of charge. Obviously, the decisions you make on the suggestions is completely up to you.

SO, WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID ... I suggest you unplug 2 of the Roku's and don't use anything Roku for 3 days. On the morning of the 4th day, plug them in one at a time (letting one fully reboot and connect before powering up the other). This will give each Roku individual time to reboot, connect and (hopefully) update.

0 Kudos
Tjoffe

Jump to solution

Model 3820RW2

Serial Number X025003K4PX0

Device ID S0JC32CK4PX0

internet provider is Cox

i have been having the same issue for the last few months 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tjoffe,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community and thanks for the report.

We'd like to take a closer look into this first. Could you tell us when did you start seeing this issue on your device? Have you made some changes to the router recently?

Also, try connecting your device to an alternative network and let us know if you see the same result.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bebe464
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No other Roku devices and yes have tried connecting by using a mobile hotspot. Same issue continues. 

0 Kudos