Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waldenak13
Channel Surfer

Re: No Connection every 15 minutes

Jump to solution

yes i’ve restarted my router many times. my channel is 157 so it should be working. if multiple people in multiple homes with different internet providers are all having the same issue that leads me to believe it is the roku and not the internet causing the issue. 

kensulu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue keeps disconnecting. What gives and agree it is not a solution to connect to a different network. My wi-fi is my wi-fi connection I only have one.

kensulu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why do I keep losing connection with the Internet. My internet is fast and stable and just started acting up today and have had this unit for months. What is going on? 

Error 014.30 

I previously got an issue ID of S3-404-209

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @waldenak13 @kensulu,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We'd like to investigate further on this issue. Can you please provide the following information below:

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g. TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer)

You can also check out this support article here: How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device

We look forward to hearing from you soon and hope it helps.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
waldenak13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

my roku is directly next to my router. i have about 9 things connected to the wifi and 800mpbs so it shouldn’t be an issue. especially when everything else is working. it really feels like this is a roku software issue. 

0 Kudos
SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
kensulu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My roku is still disconnecting what do I do with it. I have 4 to 6 items on the internet. I get 900 MBPS speed. It is maybe 10 to 15 feet from the wifi box. Plenty of signal, it says Excellent signal strength yet loses the connection every 15 to 20 minutes.

Ken

0 Kudos
kensulu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

By the way I have only had this thing for 3 months and up until now it worked fine, so what has changed to make this not stay connected?

0 Kudos
SCRAPS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@kensulu You may have to perform a reset of the Roku device. Once it restarts, you'll have to re-pair the Roku remote to the device. After that,

• plug in the WiFi extender that came with the Roku to the Roku device. If your Roku came with a longer power cable, plug the WiFi extender into that power cable.
  • Plug the Roku device into the HDMI port (you might want to try a different HDMI port from the one you've been using).
  • Next, plug in the power to either the TV's USB port or power outlet. Let it fully boot up.

You may or may not have to re-enter your wireless credentials to reconnect to your internet (gateway, router, tower, cube). If you have to re-enter the credentials, please do so.

Another option to try is, and I don't normally recommend this because of the problems I've had with other wirelessly connected devices, is to unplug the power to your internet (gateway, router, tower, cube). Wait 45 seconds and reconnect. Wait until your internet device (gateway, router, tower, cube) is fully booted and connected before trying to connect your Roku device.

Please let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kensulu,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We have flagged our engineering team about this, and we'd like you to perform a system reboot and then try again. Let us know if you still experience the same issue.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos