Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stybz
Reel Rookie

Newer Roku Ultra is missing "Check Connection" option in Network menu

I have 2 Roku Ultras in the house. The most recent one was purchased back in April. For some reason it's acting differently than the one I bought last year. The most obvious is the option to check the network connection. It's missing from the Network menu. I had to tell it to set up my wireless connection in order for it to check.

Meanwhile, my older Ultra still has the Check Network Connection option on its menu. Is this a glitch or is the newer Ultra just different because it's a later model?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Newer Roku Ultra is missing "Check Connection" option in Network menu

Hi @Stybz

Thanks for the post.

Could you try running a manual software update on the affected Roku Ultra? To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Stybz
Reel Rookie

I just did and it says my system is up to date. Oddly enough the "Check Network Settings" option is back. It also disappeared from the older Roku for a while, too. I haven't checked to see if it's back or not.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Stybz

Thanks for the update.

If by chance, the "Check network settings" went missing again on one of your Roku devices, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stybz
Reel Rookie

I checked my downstairs one and saw the "check connection wasn't there. However, when I did the manual update this time it showed up.  If you still need the tracking info, let me know.  Thanks.