Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TemptationsEnd
Reel Rookie

New router, new problems with my Roku device

Hi, so I’m new here and I’ve tried every option to resolve the issue. Though no matter what I do, reset my network settings. Hard reset of my device itself. I even tried manually keying in the WiFi itself through private network setup. Though still nothing, it will connect to the WiFi itself. Though for some reason it can’t reach the internet. So I doubt it’s the onboard WiFi card. Though it will work on a WiFi hotspot. So what gives? 

error code: 009

model: “onn 32” Roku smart TV” model #100012589

software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-C4 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New router, new problems with my Roku device

Hi @TemptationsEnd,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

If you encounter difficulties connecting your Roku device to your home wireless network with the error code. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Restart your router. To restart your router, check the instructions from your Internet Service Provider or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in. Other cases may require pressing a reset button on the device.
  • Restart your Roku device. To restart your device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can follow the steps below and restart it from the Settings menu.
    1. Press Home on your Roku remote
    2. Scroll and select Settings
    3. Select System
    4. Select Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step)
    5. Select System restart

You can refer to this link for more recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the Internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TemptationsEnd
Reel Rookie

• I have done all that but am still suffering from the issue
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TemptationsEnd,

Thanks for your response!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. For clarification, have you tried to connect your Roku TV to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if that will resolve the issue? In addition, may we know who your ISP is? (Internet Service Provider)

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TemptationsEnd
Reel Rookie

As mentioned in my original post, I’ve tried all basic troubleshooting methods. Including factory resetting my TV

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TemptationsEnd,

We appreciate your response!

May we ask if you encounter any error codes or messages when connecting to a mobile hotspot? Also, could you let us know who is your Internet service provider? (ISP)

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TemptationsEnd
Reel Rookie

Thankfully no error codes provided on a WiFi hotspot. Though my service provider is spectrum internet.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TemptationsEnd,

We appreciate your cooperation!

Some Roku devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network to which the device can connect. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and using wireless channels 1, 6, or 1,1, which are the preferred channels. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

If you need help modifying your router settings, contact your internet service provider's customer support team for assistance. Since they are trained in configuring their wireless gateway, they might be able to help you with this matter. 

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TemptationsEnd,

Thank you for your patience and effort on this!

We'll contact you privately here in the Community to gather more details. Please keep an eye on your inbox; we'll be in touch soon.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenniferK
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuJechealR @ I am experiencing this exact same issue, only with an AT&T router instead of Spectrum. 

Yes,I  have done ALL of the troubleshooting items noted above. What do I need to do next, or can I be private messaged as well? 

0 Kudos