Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhortondoc

New router and now can’t connect

We set up new router and mesh network today. The Roku detects the signal with excellent strength, but will not connect to the WiFi. We restarted the router and the Roku several times. We have even tried doing a factory reset.  I don’t know what else to do.  We have another Roku device plus a smart TV with Roku and these connect just fine. No other devices in our home are having trouble connecting. After doing the factory reset, I expected to be given a code on the TV to enter on the website, but it didn’t go there. It started with choosing English, then straight to the setup screen.   I appreciate any suggestions. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: New router and now can’t connect

@dhortondoc What is the model number of your Roku device?  Some Roku devices will not connect to a 5 GHZ wifi.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New router and now can’t connect

@dhortondoc, you no longer get a code to enter on the website.  Once you get it connected to your network it will ask you to enter the email address associated with your Roku account and it will send you a link in an email to click on to link it to that Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.