Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sss97

New internet service in Airbnb w/guest mode and not saving network password

Installed new modem and router last week and system does not save the network password now.  Having to go over and with every guest and insert the network password now.  What Can I do to get it back to how it was before I switched providers.  I switched a year ago and did not have any problems - this year I am having issues.  Modem is the Ubee series with EERO wifi router

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New internet service in Airbnb w/guest mode and not saving network password

Hi, @sss97 

Expressing our gratitude for posting on the Roku Community.

We appreciate that you reached out to us for assistance, and we are eager to help in any way we can. In this matter, we recommend you to perform the provided troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

Reset Network Connection:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced system settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Additionally, we recommend that you perform a system restart on your modem/router. Furthermore, you may also try connecting to a hotspot to see if you are able to maintain a connection.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New internet service in Airbnb w/guest mode and not saving network password

This is purely a guess as I've never had an occasion to set up or use Guest Mode.

I'd expect Guest Mode to use the same internet connection as in regular user mode.   What happens if you take it OUT of Guest Mode to set up the net connection, then put it back into Guest Mode?   Does it now at least connect to the internet without further input?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos