Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffS4947
Channel Surfer

New Firmware Update Has Crashed My 5ghz Connection

Lately, I've been getting a fair to poor Wi-Fi connection. It did not do this before and it would connect at 5ghz. Now the new firmware update has locked out the 5ghz connection. Cause I checked my router and it now shows its only connecting at 2.4ghz. I would like to have someone from roku to contact me about this issue.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Firmware Update Has Crashed My 5ghz Connection

Hi @JeffS4947,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku community.

Thanks for letting us know about this concern.

Could you try to connect the device to a mobile hotspot just to check if there is a difference in signal strength? If the issue is persistent, we would recommend that you reach out to your internet service provider to inquire further. Also, a reboot might also help.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeffS4947
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuJanadeeK 

Yes, I tried all of that; including the hot spot, I got the same signal results. When I used my cell phone as a hot spot. I even rebooted the roku device and still the same thing happened. This did not happen until after the firmware update was installed on my roku device. So please have the tech dept. fix the issue, cause I'm not the only one that is having this problem.

My Roku Device:

Model #: 3920RW - Roku Premiere

Serial #: YH00AY938130

Device ID: JF218A938130

Software Version: 12.5.5 Build 4174-91

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JeffS4947, the 3920 doesn't support 5GHz.  It never has.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.