Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikettar27
Level 7

Network Problem with Roku Stick!

I have restart my router multiple times. Reset the network on my Roku stick. Factory rest the Roku and STILL it will not pick up an internet connection!! This is aggravating!! So what can be done?! I’m done with Roku after this. I’ll just go to a fire stick. This Roku will not connect to the internet at all and I’ve done everything. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Network Problem with Roku Stick!

@nikettar27 

Have you confirmed that your settings within your router are set up to be compatible/operate with the Roku devices?

2.4 ghz band - Radio On/Enabled, SSID (network name) Broadcasting, Wireless Mode/Protocol set to b/g/n, Wireless Channel set to channels 1-11 (preferably 1, 6, or 11 rather than "Auto"), and Bandwidth/Channel Width set to 20mhz.

5 ghz band - Radio On/Enabled, SSID (network name) Broadcasting, Wireless Mode/Protocol set to N/AC,  Wireless Channel set to channels 36-48, or 149-161 (rather than "Auto" as Roku cannot see 5ghz DFS channels 52-140), and Bandwidth/Channel Width set to 20mhz. (can increase after successful connection for more speed)

You can also try connecting to a mobile hotspot if available to you to get through the initial connection and setup.

Post back with an update or more details if you need additional help.  Include your Roku model number, your router model number, your ISP, and any other network information including errors that you may be encountering.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941