Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chayton

My tv is giving me error code 003

Jump to solution

My Roku TV will not connect to Wi-Fi and every time I try to connect it is gives ve green checkmarks but sends me to checking for new software then it says unable to update software and at the bottom it says error code 003 I'm so confused because all the other TV's in this house are Roku and they all work on this network and I have tried all the things that every other support thing told me to do and none of them worked please help this has been going on for as long as I have had it so just help me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My tv is giving me error code 003

Jump to solution

Hello! @Chayton,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you are experiencing while updating your Roku device. We are glad to help you with this problem.

If your Roku streaming device is stuck on a software update, it is possible that the Roku service may be temporarily unresponsive. If an error code is encountered during an attempt to update the software, wait a few minutes and try again. If Roku is aware of an extended outage, an alert will be displayed near the top of the Roku support site.

If there is no alert and you continue to see the error message after multiple attempts, the update failure is likely the result of a network connectivity issue

Try the steps below to help resolve the problem.

• We suggest that you try restarting both your Roku device and router. This may help to resolve any connectivity issues you are experiencing.
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Need help fixing a device update problem? Visit our Support page for detailed information here: How to fix Roku streaming device update problems

Please keep us updated on your progress and we will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Chayton,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue you are experiencing while updating your Roku device. We are glad to help you with this problem.

If your Roku streaming device is stuck on a software update, it is possible that the Roku service may be temporarily unresponsive. If an error code is encountered during an attempt to update the software, wait a few minutes and try again. If Roku is aware of an extended outage, an alert will be displayed near the top of the Roku support site.

If there is no alert and you continue to see the error message after multiple attempts, the update failure is likely the result of a network connectivity issue

Try the steps below to help resolve the problem.

• We suggest that you try restarting both your Roku device and router. This may help to resolve any connectivity issues you are experiencing.
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Need help fixing a device update problem? Visit our Support page for detailed information here: How to fix Roku streaming device update problems

Please keep us updated on your progress and we will be happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angrycustomer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I spent an hour on the phone twice with TCL ROKU support and nothing worked...this is chinese technology and its failing.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @angrycustomer,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. That's not what we aim for. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing.

Have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue? If you see something different, please let us know what you see.

Feel free to keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos