Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My roku keeps telling me theres an update

I just bought a roku and right after i connect my wifi it tells me its going to update the software and it will automatically restart my roku. I clicked ok and it just brings me right back to the start of the set up, once i go and finish connecting the wifi it brings me back to the update screen and just keeps going through that cycle. Ive tried hard restarting it and switching hdmi cords which neither have worked

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My roku keeps telling me theres an update

@gianachohan-

There are a couple of things people have reported worked when a setup fails to complete.

Easiest to try, so try this first: Restart your router, even if other devices have no trouble connecting. When your router has completed its startup, try repeating your Roku setup.

More involved: Repeat the setup by connecting to a different wifi network - perhaps via a wifi hotspot on your mobile phone or by taking it to a friend's house - and see if it will complete the setup. If successful, then redo the wifi connection to use your intended wifi network via Settings > Network > Set up connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos