Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mad5
Reel Rookie

My hotspot will not connect

I used my phone hotspot yesterday and it worked perfectly and today it won’t even show up on my wireless networks and i’ve reset the network settings on my roku and on my phone and still nothing. But my moms hotspot will work on my roku. I have no clue why it won’t work anymore. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My hotspot will not connect

@mad5 

The fact that other hotspots are showing indicate that the Roku is able to see hotspots. The fact that your hotspot isn't showing points to there being a problem in some way. Can other devices see your hotspot?

Also, which Roku model number? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mad5
Reel Rookie

i got it to work thank you!!! 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

For the benefit of others with the same problem who might stumble on this topic...

Some Roku models, notably Roku Express/Express+ (not the relatively new Express 4K/4K+ models 3940/3941) and Premiere/Premiere+ (model numbers above 4620) are lower end units with single band Wi-Fi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band. They cannot even see the 5 GHz wifi band.

If you have a 2.4 GHz-only Roku that cannot see your phone's hotspot, make sure your Hotspot is set to use the 2.4 GHz wifi band, not the 5 GHz band.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

I also face same issue while loading website related to video intercom & roku. I used my phone hotspot in morning & it was worked perfectly and today it won’t even show up on my wireless networks and i’ve reset the network settings on my roku but nothing worked. But my moms hotspot will work on my roku. I have no clue why it won’t work anymore. please suggest me what i have to do now

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@dianacasoria wrote:

But my moms hotspot will work on my roku. I have no clue why it won’t work anymore. please suggest me what i have to do now

Read the answering post directly before yours

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

It's frustrating when technology doesn't work as expected. It's good to hear that your mom's hotspot is working on your Roku, which means there might be something specific to your phone that is causing the issue.

One thing you could try is to restart your phone entirely and then try connecting your Roku to your hotspot again. If that doesn't work, you could also try contacting your phone service provider for support. They might be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your hotspot working again to go here.

It's also worth noting that sometimes hotspots can be affected by network congestion or signal strength issues, so you might want to try connecting your phone to a different network or location and see if that helps.

I hope this helps and that you're able to get your hotspot working again soon!

0 Kudos