Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fungirl

My Roku rca smart tv won’t stay connected to the internet and will not connect

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku rca smart tv won’t stay connected to the internet and will not connect

Hi @Fungirl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot Network issues: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku rca smart tv won’t stay connected to the internet and will not connect

@Fungirl 

What is your router model number and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

It is usually a wireless channel settings issue with the 5ghz band (using DFS channels 52-140) which are not compatible with Roku.  If this is the issue, then need to Disable DFS usage at router or manually use non-DFS channels (36-48, or 149-161) in the 5ghz Wireless settings in router.

However, you should be able to connect to the 2.4ghz band if your ISP has not disabled your 2.4ghz ability.

----

Provide some more details what is occuring and hopefully can get you back up and running.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos