Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fungirl

My Roku rca smart tv won’t stay connected to the internet and will not connect

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku rca smart tv won’t stay connected to the internet and will not connect

Hi @Fungirl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot Network issues: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku rca smart tv won’t stay connected to the internet and will not connect

@Fungirl 

What is your router model number and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

It is usually a wireless channel settings issue with the 5ghz band (using DFS channels 52-140) which are not compatible with Roku.  If this is the issue, then need to Disable DFS usage at router or manually use non-DFS channels (36-48, or 149-161) in the 5ghz Wireless settings in router.

However, you should be able to connect to the 2.4ghz band if your ISP has not disabled your 2.4ghz ability.

----

Provide some more details what is occuring and hopefully can get you back up and running.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos