Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissMD

My Express 4k+ suddenly has poor wifi connection

Has anyone found a working resolution to the wifi disconnecting to the Roku device? I’ve already tried rebooting the device & modem, contacting my internet provider (xfinity) to make sure the channels are correct, and the mobile hotspot. None of these work & and agents haven’t been able to provide any other solutions either. I’ve barely had this Roku (express 4k+) for 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: My Express 4k+ suddenly has poor wifi connection

At two weeks, I’d say if you’ve done basic trouble-shooting like changing the position, changing Wi-Fi channels and bands, making sure the router is using all modes (b/g/n) then I’d just swap it at the store and see if another one behaves differently.  Electronic products do have a relatively high failure rate within the first couple of weeks.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Express 4k+ suddenly has poor wifi connection

Hi @MissMD,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having a network issue with your Roku device, and we'd like to help you out.

I've already flagged the appropriate Roku team about this. Please perform a system restart on your Roku device once more, and then keep us posted if there's any difference after that.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos