Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilar1

Manually restart and navigate an tlc roku tv

Remote control does not work. I bought a new one and does not work either so i use the roku remote app but i change the internet server and have to pair it w the app. I turned on tv using the little button by its side but cant navigate to change the new wifi name and pass. Any help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Manually restart and navigate an tlc roku tv

You could configure your new Wi-Fi to match your old (same SSID/network name and password).  If you're unable to do that then you'll need a remote.  If you got a Roku simple remote then it won't work with any Roku TV.  You need a Roku voice remote or a remote for a TCL Roku TV.  Some universal remotes work with the various Roku TVs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Manually restart and navigate an tlc roku tv

@Pilar1-

Remotes supplied with Roku TVs connect by infrared (IR) and are relatively inexpensive.  (Remotes for Roku DEVICES use a different IR command set than Roku TVs, so IR remotes for Roku devices won't control Roku TVs.) Roku TV remotes "just work" without being paired to the Roku TV.  You may be able to find them locally at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc, or of course at online sources like Amazon and eBay, but not from Roku.  Roku TV remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer or from third party suppliers largely use the same standard set of IR commands and are interchangeable for use on Roku TVs from other manufacturers*. 

• * EXCEPTION: Remotes from HiSense and Sharp can only be used with HiSense and Sharp Roku TVs because they issue a different set of IR commands than the rest of the Roku TV manufacturers.  The Roku TVs from HiSense and Sharp themselves, though, support both sets of IR commands so they can be used with remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer. 

;

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos