Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bost1217
Level 7

MAC Address all zeros after 22 Oct 2021 update

After the auto update on 22 October 2021, my Hisense Roku TV will not connect to WiFi and is showing lk zeros for the MAC address. I did a factory reset, which worked, but it updated again and the MAC address is all zeros. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: MAC Address all zeros after 22 Oct 2021 update

Hey @bost1217

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to isolate the cause of the problem, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
yi
Level 7

Roku TV will not be connected from October 15, 2021
I use whmotel 20 rokutv in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
I've been using it well this year.
I want a quick fix

email / [personal information]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @yi

Thanks for reaching out. 

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
helloimmaria
Level 7

I am also having an issue with this as a result of update 10.0. The wireless MAC Address is all 0s. I just did a factory reset because another user said that worked for them, but it did not prove to work for me. Any solutions?

0 Kudos