Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dudubraun
Channel Surfer

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Well, now that the pile on has included the Ultra...

I originally reported that my new Ultra was working swimmingly via wireless. Well, it only took 4-5 days for that to change. I started having the same issues as with Premiere. However, it has been a few weeks now via LAN and, knock on wood, smooth sailing.

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I seem to have joined a large group of Roku users with this problem.  I've been using Premiere since April 2020 and have encountered this problem intermittently.  In the past I have rebooted the router and Roku and restored the service.  This week I have been unable to restore the connection successfully.  I was able to watch a movie an Netflix last night, but nothing on Amazon, HBO Max, Hulu or Disney.  Today nothing.  Is there any solution other than returning the product?

0 Kudos
Dleader
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express (3900) Cannot Login with Device

Jump to solution

Same problem same device, just started about 2 hours ago but was being slow since late last month. Restarted device 2 times, did hard restart on device, restarted wifi, it briefly connected and now won't connect.

0 Kudos
Dleader
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not resolved and seems to be systemic.

0 Kudos
delcecchi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Interesting that I had a roku that died, kept rebooting etc, so I hooked up an old one I had that I stopped using because it also became flaky.    It has been rock solid for several weeks, except when I tried to use the bravo app, which apparently is obsolete since bravo now is part of NBC app.

Beats the **bleep** out of me what is going on.  

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

When I mentioned this to our grandson, he said that the Roku streaming platform on his smart TV stopped working for a few days so that could only watch live TV and couldn't stream.  They didn't do anything and after a few days they were able to stream again.  Curious.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

4 of the 6 tvs in my house same issue.  (Different versions of ruko too) Always with resetting the router.  Its about twice or sometimes 3 times a week.   Im loosing my mind.  Why is this a thing?   Anyone have a better solve?

0 Kudos
lvcta21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The best "solve" is to throw them in the garbage, and never do business with this company (Roku) again...ever!

KimIris27
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wow! That's drastic, but I know how you feel.

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I gave up and bought Chromecast with Google TV.  Home page a little cluttered, but works great.

0 Kudos