Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helius

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I know how to reconnect the wireless connect.  It is very annoying that every time I turn my TV off, then turn it back on, Roku forgets the wireless connection.  I have two TV's, one Roku and the other an older TV.  I was planning to purchase a second Roku TV but not until I find out why Roku cannot remember the wireless connection.  It only takes a few minutes to reconnect but it is should not be an issue.  As of right now, I am waiting for a solution before purchasing the second Roku TV.

Mattycav

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Same problem here Roku. Brand new C126X with solid wifi signal.  Disconnects every time it powers down. WTH. System update please. This is so dumb and frustrating. 

Vectra

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Streaming Stickt. I've had it less than a week and it lost the ability to connect to the internet. I reset it, the router, the internet password (which turned out to be kind of a useless pain since it didn't fix it and I had to reconnect everything else to the internet after that). I even tried following along with a bunch of youtube diy videos. Finally I factory reset the whole thing and re-set it all up and it worked. It's two days later and its done it again. Reseting it and the router still doesn't work. Everything else, including my other Roku, still connects to the internet just fine. There's something wrong with this product and I'm returning it

Seattle--SF
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My TCl-Roku started doing the same thing about 4 days ago.  Every time I turn on the TV, I have to reconnect.   Not difficult, but why do we have to do this stuff at all?!  Considering the lack of response to what is obviously their problem, it bodes ill for any trust of Ruku products.  We're just not important anymore.  I'm planning to buy a Firestick asap.

Trini83

Jump to solution

Solution isn't working for me, I've reset and restarted many times and now my wireless network isn't showing up in the list if networks 

Unsolved
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure why this is marked as solved when it clearly is not. My 4660 Ultra began losing connection (via wired Ethernet) a few weeks ago. Rebooting it does nothing. The only way to get Internet is to reboot my modem- the same modem that provides Internet to everything else, which still works. The Roku is on the same switch as my media PC, which has Internet.

WoodshopGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I think its more than that.  We have 4 tv's - 3 have Roku units that are all about a year old; the 4th TV in our home gym has an old Amazon Firestick.  After the last software update on Roku, we are now regularly seeing error messages on all 3 tv's with Roku saying poor signal or no connection at all.  BUT at the same time, there's a full signal on cell phones & tablets. 

I've run speed checks with our Linksys app and download speed is right where it should be.  Also the gym tv with the old firestick is the only tv that stays connected to our internet when the other 3 Roku-tv's have nothing.  We've rebooted our router, modem, and Roku units...but we shouldn't have to do this 2-3x's a day!

I just got an email from Roku announcing their new unit.  I think Roku is pulling an "Apple" - pushing out a Trojan Horse software update that causes these problems so consumers will just think it's time to upgrade to the new unit.  Remember Apple got busted for this, too....

drdave39
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 2 Rokus, both of which were working perfectly. On the same day, both lost internet connectivity- they connect to the wireless network but not the internet. All other devices in he house work fine. Followed all the steps here, does NOT work. I see there was a system update on 10/5/20- the day both failed!!!

bacon5235

Jump to solution

I had (have) the same problem. Using a second (58") ONN from Walmart because the first one (50") did the same exact thing. I have requested a return authorization AGAIN!

The suggestion to reboot, reset, and return to factory specs, are all totally unacceptable, even though it does work (temporarily). I noticed on two occasions resetting the Roku TV caused the entire WAN system in my home to crash. I would like to see all the brands of Roku TV's listed in this blog and the stand-alone Roku's indicated as well. If we are all having issues with the same brand(s) (such as ONN?) it would be great to know.

0 Kudos
WoodshopGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tell you, they pulled an "Apple"...pushed out an update that makes their units fail after a year or so.