Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Roku Device that Works with T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway

Jump to solution

I just installed a T-Mobile Home Internet system and it works perfectly with my cell phones, iPad's and i Mac.  It let's me try to initiate my Rocku Express (SKU # 3930PW) and it sees the T-Mobile network but gives me a password error at the end and will not connect to the Wifi. 

Any ideas?

I am willing to upgrade my Roku hardware if needed but want assurance it will work...Has anyone connected any Roku to T-Mobile Home Internet?  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Looking for Roku Device that Works with T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway

Jump to solution

I created a new network on the T-Mobile Gateway and adjust it to 2.4GHz with a new password and it works fine now.  That was the solution as Roku does not support DFS.  So go into the T-Mobile app and change it to 2.4 GHz and it will work!!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jump to solution

The Roku Express I spoke about does work with my Verizon DSL line, however, with my new T-Mobile Home Internet I want to cancel my Verizon internet service. 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would try making sure the router is set for b/g/n modes (not just g/n as some are by default.)  Also you might try searching this forum for T-Mobile as they seem to have some specific issues like being set for ipv6 only be default.

For example:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Wi-Fi-connectivity/Roku-not-connecting-to-T-Mobile-hotspot/td-p/786737

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I created a new network on the T-Mobile Gateway and adjust it to 2.4GHz with a new password and it works fine now.  That was the solution as Roku does not support DFS.  So go into the T-Mobile app and change it to 2.4 GHz and it will work!!!!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@johnphelfrich 

Just a heads up and some clarification for you.  The Roku Express 3930 is a single/mono band (2.4ghz-only) device.  It can only see and use the 2.4ghz band of a network.

DFS only affects 5ghz band channels.  If you purchase a dual-band Roku device in the future (capable of using both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands), you can either connect it to the 2.4ghz band if you want to use DFS, or you can disable the DFS capability under "Advanced Settings" of the 5ghz band if you wish to connect the Roku device on the 5ghz band. (can use channels 36-48 or 149-161).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102