Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denji

Internet download speed is poor issue

When I test my internet download speed on any other device, it's around 60mbps which isn't the best, but it should be fine for streaming. When I check my connection on my Roku, it says that my download speed is <1 which makes no sense. Is there a fix for this, or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Internet download speed is poor issue

What model Roku do you have? Many of the older players don't really report an accurate speed. My Ultra 4800 was the first that seemed to be fairly accurate. Are you having streaming issues with a particular channel, or is everything working OK? If the latter, just ignore what it says for reported speed, as long as everything works OK.

If you are having issues streaming, and you're using WiFi, my first suggestion is to try a different channel on your WiFi router. Most are set to Auto, meaning they choose a channel based on what it detects from its location. If your Roku is further away from the router, it might be getting interference the router isn't detecting. For 2.4 GHz, the best channels to use are 1, 6 or 11. Don't manually assign channels 12, 13, or 14, as Roku devices don't support those and you won't be able to connect at all.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.