Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bomber501
Channel Surfer

Re: Internet connection is fine but ROKU won't connect.

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

By the way, before I changed my modem to Bridge mode, I did use the app as well as the web page to make changes. I found the same limitations to changing things like channel and mode with the app as I did on the web config page. My understanding is that Comcast doesn't allow access to some settings on rented modems. If you purchased your own modem (instead of renting theirs) then you should have full access. 

THANKS ATC-- I'll look into getting my own modem and get bvackif I need further assistance. MUCH appreciated.

Joejoejoe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did not fix issue

0 Kudos
Joejoejoe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku issued ticket and said they would either call or email the next day.  It's been 5 days with nada

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joejoejoe,

Thank you for posting here on the Roku community! 

After reviewing your ticket, we understand you're having trouble connecting your device to the internet. To provide you with the best assistance possible, we require additional information.

• What Roku device are you using?
  • What error message/code are you getting after trying to connect to your network? (after putting the network credentials)
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joejoejoe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

RokuAnjelie, I have multiple Roku devices. Roku tv, firestick, and Roku streaming sticks

All apps on the devices were working well until last week. The Roku quit working. I will get to the Roku channel. But then I get a playback error on firestick and end endless load symbol on the other devices.

I have Astrea cable here.

All other apps work as they did, even on the Roku tv.

I did use my Verizon. Hotspot on the Roku tv. And, It did work properly.

Also, in the blogs, it said to change wireless channel to 1. I did so. But it did not help.

I am on 5g on the wireless. But it did not seem to help by going to 2.4g.

Again, Roku connects to internet.  But, will not playback.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joejoejoe,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble with The Roku channel. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joejoejoe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You have asked me the same questions over and over.  Then you reply that somebody will contact me by email or phone.  Again! All devices have this playback issue.  Not! Internet connection issue.

My claim number from Roku: 797906

Mod number: 55S435

Ser number: X01200C2UT3F

Device ID: S08081C2UT3F

Software ver: 12.0.0 Build 4190CG

Tracker ID: 3F-304-939

0 Kudos
DSfsF

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joejoejoe,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.
Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @olddog1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration. We would be more than glad to assist. Could you please tell us more about the issue you've run into? What Roku device are you having problems with? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos