Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devinmarco

Intermittent connection issues with tower server

Hello everyone,
I am currently facing some issues with my tower server (https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/c/servers-storage/servers/towers/) and I was hoping to get some advice from the community. Specifically, I have noticed that the performance has been slower and there have been intermittent connection issues. I have tried troubleshooting the issue on my own, but I have not been successful in resolving the issue. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues with their tower servers and if they have any suggestions on how to fix it. I have read about some common server problems and how to troubleshoot them, but I am still struggling to identify the root cause of the issue. If anyone has any experience with tower servers or any suggestions on how to get started with troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your help!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
rabiaMyar

Re: Intermittent connection issues with tower server

Hi, if your still facing the issue you can follow the steps below

1. Check the software: If there are no hardware issues, check the software on the server. Make sure that the server is running the latest version of the operating system and that all updates and patches have been applied. You may also want to run a virus scan and malware removal tool to check for any infections.

2. Check the network: If you're experiencing intermittent connection issues, you may want to check your network configuration. Ensure that your server is properly connected to the network and that there are no issues with the network hardware, such as a faulty switch or router.

3. Monitor server performance: Use monitoring tools to track server performance and identify any issues. This can help you pinpoint the root cause of the performance issues and take steps to address them.

4. Seek professional help: If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, it may be time to seek professional help. May it be by Roku or by Lenovo support.

I hope that helps

Good Luck

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Intermittent connection issues with tower server

You aren't being specific enough about your issue. Your Roku doesn't require a server (or anything else) on your network. Are you referring to using something like Plex? Or perhaps a DLNA server that you are watching content with the Roku Media Player channel? We need information like this to understand the problem you're having. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos