Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranmr55

Initial connection to iPhone hotspot

I have an iPhone 12 and trying to use the hotspot to connect to roku express 4k +.  After selecting English it searches for networks but won’t find the hotspot. The hotspot is definitely on. I have tried turning the Wi-Fi off and searched but still won’t find. The roku will not accept a “home” command on the remote or any other remote command 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Initial connection to iPhone hotspot

@Ranmr55 

I think if your Roku won't connect to wireless, that the remote defaults to IR mode. However, I'm not certain of this. One of the experts that really know their remotes, such as @Tivoburkee , could weigh in and say with certainty.

Still, it's unusual for a Roku Express 4K+ to not be able to connect to an iPhone hotspot.

Gotta ask: If it doesn't even see your hotspot, have you tried moving the iPhone extremely close to the Roku device? Just ruling out the obvious.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos