Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngAve
Reel Rookie

I am at work. I am trying to watch on my mobile

but it will not stop asking me to connect to a device.  I can't just turn off the wifi on my phone because then I won't have any internet connectivity in this building.

Please help.

I learned through trial and error at home that if I want to watch on my phone, I have to turn off wifi. Even Roku agents didn't know to tell me to do that.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am at work. I am trying to watch on my mobile

Hi @AngAve,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Could you give us more details about the issue to assist you regarding your concern further? We'd love to take a look and see what's going on. When did you discover that kind of action on your device?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am at work. I am trying to watch on my mobile

@AngAve what is it you're trying to watch on your phone? The Roku app does NOT allow you to watch your Roku player remotely. The app does permit watching The Roku Channel, but that's all you can do with the app for watching something. The only other use for the app is as a remote for a Roku device, which does require you to be connected to the same home network as the Roku. If you're at work and your Roku is at home, you can't use it to connect to a Roku on your home network.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos