Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix Roku not finding any WiFi or Wireless networks

@Mistermac56

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we try to resolve your issue. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

HOW YOU CALL YOURSELF DO ALL THESE ROUTERS AND MODEMS HAVE NO BUTTONS ON THEM TO PUNCH IN NOTHING TO MAKE THEM JUST A CABLE AN A COUPLE PHONE CORDS

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@BlacSABBATH routers and modems all have web interfaces for adjusting settings, and some have apps for your phone.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mistermac56
Channel Surfer

I have never heard anything regarding my issue.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mistermac56

Thanks for keeping in touch!

I have followed up and passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we try to resolve your issue.

Warm regards.
Lianna

0 Kudos
thebrat62
Reel Rookie

It did not help me. Both devices were working last night. Now I go to turn on the Roku and both devices I have are not connected. I have reset more than once tonight and they will not attach to my wifi but everything is connected to it and working fine.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Devices that connect one night and the next morning cannot are usually tied to the router making an automatic channel change. If they are a 2.4 GHz only WiFi device, the router probably changed the channel to 12, 13 or 14, which are not supported by Roku devices. On 5 GHz, the channel might have changed to what is called a DFS channel (49-148), which also are not supported by Roku. So the first thing to check is the router channel assignment. Most likely you'll find it set to Auto, so you need to manually change the channel. On 2.4 GHz, use channel 1, 6 or 11. For 5 GHz, use channel 48 or lower, or 149 or higher. 

This is all assuming your router isn't even shown on your Roku. If it's listed, but you can't connect, the next likely problem is the 2.4 GHz radio set to Mode G/N. Many routers and cable modems have issues on Roku devices in that mode setting. Instead change the Mode to B/G/N. If you are renting your router/modem, you might not be able to adjust those settings yourself, and will instead need to your your ISP's tech support for assistance.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
ThisThingStinks
Channel Surfer

Here's the thing, my Roku 3920RW just stopped finding any WIFI Signal last night out of nowhere. Not just mine, but usually we're in range for the neighbors wifi as well, and that's not even popping up as an option.

I've system restarted 20 times. Reset my router. Tried to reset connection on the Roku. Spent all of last night changing over to g,b,n, etc. The other 2 Roku's in my house are working fine.

So what am I to do? A part of me thinks this is Roku forcing it's hand to make me buy a new one.

And yes, I have a dual band router. But I can see that the other 2 Roku's are working on the 2.4. So that shouldn't be the issue. I have the channel set to "choose best channel" and that's really not something I want to mess with. And besides, it's not finding ANY network. Not just ours.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @ThisThingStinks

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps suggested in this link: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ThisThingStinks
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @ThisThingStinks

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps suggested in this link: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

YH00AL017468

0 Kudos