Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

Every router/modem has a way to configure it. Turn your caps lock off and tell us what make/model router/modem you have. Tell us what model Roku you are trying to connect. Tell us if you can see your network but not connect, or if you can't even see your network.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
cperrigo08

Device Model 3900X Roku Express

Serial number YG006N659751

software version 9.4.0

Can't see or find any network to connect to after factory reset 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @cperrigo08

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that your Roku Express (3900X) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Germaine70

I’m unable to connect my roku to my network 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Germaine70 you haven't provided enough information for assistance. What model number Roku do you have? Does your Roku see your network but not connect, or is it not appearing in the list of networks? Do you see any networks in the connection list? 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mistermac56
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Roku not finding any WiFi or Wireless networks

I am having the same issues with a Roku Ultra (4800R). I live in a multiple apartment community, and there are many who use wireless. When I do a wireless scan, it doesn't find my Comcast WiFi router, nor any others in my apartment community. It shows all zeros for the MAC address (00:00:00:00:00:00). I have performed the Network connection reset under the Advanced system settings several times and that didn't work either. I have done a factory reset as well, and that didn't work either. So I feel my Roku Ultra is dead and will have to be replaced. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@Mistermac56, the all zeros MAC address is not a good sign.  The 4800 should show two MAC addresses - one for wireless and one for wired.  Are they both all zeros?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mistermac56
Channel Surfer

The wired Ethernet works fine and has a MAC address. But the WiFi is not. I had this same problem about six months ago and I unplugged the Roku for a couple of hours and that fixed the WiFi issue. I tried that this time, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mistermac56

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mistermac56
Channel Surfer

Thanks for reaching out. The serial number for my Roku Ultra is X01000471N6E.

0 Kudos