Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

@venusdc12 since this is your first post, we don't know all your details. What model Roku do you have (the number, not the name), who is your Internet provider, are you using their router/modem, and if so what is the make/model? What error messages do you get? When using what channel(s)?

I'm not certain why you mentioned your phones. Are they too having issues connecting to your WiFi? If so, it certainly points to a problem with the router, not the connected devices.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
tarmentano
Reel Rookie

Worked for me. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Snuggles144
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Roku not finding any WiFi or Wireless networks

Omg

0 Kudos
Snuggles144
Reel Rookie

I figured it out. My tv didn't have a wireless MAC address showing. So it wasn't picking up any wifi networks. maybe some of y'all's might be that way to. The settings got messed up in my tv. Probably me pushing a wrong button. Thank y'all so much for listening. Y'all were a big help...

0 Kudos
bobsolo
Reel Rookie

@Snuggles144 wrote:

I figured it out. My tv didn't have a wireless MAC address showing. So it wasn't picking up any wifi networks. maybe some of y'all's might be that way to. The settings got messed up in my tv. Probably me pushing a wrong button. Thank y'all so much for listening. Y'all were a big help...

What did you do to get the MAC address reset?

0 Kudos
Snuggles144
Reel Rookie

No computer genius. I went to system, then went to about. It showed that I did have address.so I went to power  and fast tv start and enabled it and then went to advanced system settings and device connect. Then your Mac address should be back on there. Then go to your network and scan. But I would look at the Mac address and make sure.let me know how it goes. Got my fingers crossed. Is your address gone to

0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

yeah they same thing makes no sense whatsoever the roku is the jinx every since they kick ed x off youtube nothing be right with these people 

no its does not  it still says not connected and when it finally does connect its only for about 20 minutes then back to square 0  makes no sense they needs to system wide  fix like they would done on your phone just dont make no sense whatsoever 

my routers or modem dont have any  where you can switch over just plug and go  so now what

this right here aint nothing but some first they kicked youtube off now we having problems with the equipment next the company has to go into bankruptcy court to be reorganize why they not reporting on fire sticks having problems such as this my routers cant be switched over or the modem they can from charter/spectrum just plug in an go

0 Kudos
BlacSABBATH
Binge Watcher

the routers or modems cant be adjusted now what they needs to send out a system update  we aint being having a problem why now  may i ask they needs to get off their lazy asses at corporate office and fix this once and for all  and stop worrying about how much money they making and more on us the consumer especially  when things like this happens

0 Kudos
Dps2

Will roku express not recognize 5gh network 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Dps2 The Roku Express does not support 5 GHz. It never has. 

@BlacSABBATH turn off your cap locks. It's difficult to read and makes it harder to assist.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos