Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

Worked perfect for me after setting up a new router. Wouldn't recognize the  new network but after doing this it worked great! Thank you 

86Iroc

I know you posted this a while back, but I had the same issue today and your solution worked!  Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Lindina

Nope, it didn't.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lindina,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?  Do you get an error message when you try to connect to your wireless network, or does the issue occur when you stream a specific channel? What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please be guided through this link if you are unable to connect your wireless network to your Roku device: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku Support 

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bobsolo
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue and no resets have fixed it.  The TV simply can not find any Wi-Fi networks at all.

Sharp Roku TV 8302X model LC-43LB60U.  Software 10.0.0 build 4210-71. I have an AT&T Router with 2.5G on channel 8 and 5G on channel 157.   I have 2 other roku tvs that don’t have an issue.  I even swapped out the Wi-Fi card in the tv an still cannot find any signals.  I’ve have tried connecting to my phone hotspot but the TV does see that either.

Any help would be appreciated   

0 Kudos
Lasy_red12

No it's not connecting 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@bobsolo, try contacting Sharp and see what they have to say.  If it's a hardware problem they're responsible.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Beeterfly5 wrote:

Be aware that, following the install of 9.3 firmware, express and premier units are no longer able to detect 5GHz networks.

No version of the Roku Express, and only the first version of the Premiere has ever supported 5GHz WiFi. The Express 4K models are dual band, but not the 1080 models. And only the Premiere 4620/4630 were dual band. All newer Premiere models were 2.4 GHz only.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

That worked!! Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Khok

Re: How to fix Roku not finding any WiFi or Wireless networks

I figured it out when I was connecting to the wireless I was using my Roku password not the the wireless router password 🥳