Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mom5

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

Roku isn't finding my wifi network I factory reset it and now can't get past  setup English 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Mom5 

Have you tried restarting both your router and the Roku device?  After restarting router, you may have to factory reset the Roku device again.  If unsuccessful, and if available, try using a hotspot connection set to 2.4ghz band to attempt setup.

Post back with both the Roku model number and router model number if you still need more help or have an update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Fmking95

Thank you!  That worked!!!!

Morrigan1

Thank you for the directions and putting them in clear steps! I had this happen a week and a half or so ago and found it by sheer accident. Tonight it happened again I couldn't find it a second time so you posting probably just saved my TV.

Can you think of any reason why after more than a couple of years with NO problems what so ever, in less than 2 weeks I have had it decide it can't find the Wi-Fi, which my laptop has no problems informing me the Wi-Fi is working perfectly??? 

Morrigan1

This is my second effort trying to reply to your sanity saving post... Hopefully this one lands where I want it to....10m ago

Thank you for the directions and putting them in clear steps! I had this happen a week and a half or so ago and found it by sheer accident. Tonight it happened again I couldn't find it a second time so you posting probably just saved my TV.

Can you think of any reason why after more than a couple of years with NO problems what so ever, in less than 2 weeks I have had it decide it can't find the Wi-Fi, which my laptop has no problems informing me the Wi-Fi is working perfectly???

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Morrigan1 

What is your Roku device model number (Settings..System..About), your router model number, and your ISP (internet provider)?

0 Kudos
kkshedd

Thank you so much Lingo1!!!! That fixed my Device!! I became apart of this community so that I could thank you!! Now I know what to do if this ever happens again! 

0 Kudos
olfac87

Update: I reset the 5ghz channel settings and that seemed to do the trick. 

I’m still stuck. Rebooted router. Powered down Roku. Network reset. Factory reset (that was a bummer). Turned auto off on my 2.4ghz channel setting and set it to 1. I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Everything was working until I installed a new router today. All other devices in house connect fine. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
John9989

Thanks, it worked.

I guess the day of customer service is gone.  ROKU will sell you there **bleep** TV, but wont help when there software doesn't work.  This is obviously a very common problem.  Would it have been so hard for them to have at least published this solution so we don't spend days looking for a way to solve this problem?

AvsGunnar

@John9989 

Most of the Roku troubleshooting is found at https://support.roku.com/

Network issues found at https://support.roku.com/search/network

Many of the issues, however, are found by users and these help articles are not updated immediately.  They basically cover the general problems reported and resolutions.

That is why it is  often asked to perform the standard/common troubleshooting to see if it resolves issues and then report back if still experiencing issues to see if it is a unique network or device problem that the Community may be aware of.

Agree though that the information pertaining to non-compatible DFS channels (52-140) on the 5gz should be updated in their support as more routers/ISP providers now support their use.  Additionally, as more people begin to implement mesh routers and allow auto management of their routers, this info should be presented as possible culprit for connection issues.