Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asw21
Reel Rookie

How to fix Roku not finding any WiFi or Wireless networks

My Roku model 3900x is not finding any wireless networks when I scan for networks, even though this same roku was working a few weeks ago. I have tried scanning over the past couple weeks since the connection was lost, and I am still having the same issue. Every other wireless device can connect to the WiFi except the roku, and I have already tried resetting. 

104 REPLIES 104
Beeterfly5
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

Be aware that, following the install of 9.3 firmware, express and premier units are no longer able to detect 5GHz networks, Check for 2,4GHz channel connectivity or turn off steering if your 5G router is dual-band. Hope this helps.

Asw21
Reel Rookie

Can someone message me privately to walk me through the steps to check this?

our75olds
Reel Rookie

Makes no sense, since 1 of my 4 Rokus connected wireless and other 3 did not. Unplug Roku. Switch off router for 30 seconds plus. Router back on. Once up and going plug in Roku. Worked on all three of mine.

0 Kudos
Asw21
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately, I tried this and it did not work. Are there any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Lingo1
Channel Surfer

My Roku suddenly wouldn't connect to my 5G or a slower connection. I tried everything to connect. So, I went back to using my old Roku and that one worked fine. I decided to take another look today. And, after much frustration, I stumbled upon a FIX! YAY!!!!

I would like to share in hopes of may help others.

On the Roku main screen, go to SETTINGS at the bottom on the left side of the screen. 

Click right arrow on remote and move down to  SYSTEM at the bottom on the left side.

Click right arrow and move down to ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.

Click right arrow and move down to NETWORK CONNECTION RESET.

Click right arrow and choose RESET CONNECTION.

I really hope this helps someone else.

kangahawk

Tried the advanced systems setting & network connection reset.  It didn't work.  For whatever reason my two Roku devices just stopped recognizing my wifi network.  All other devices work fine so its not the router

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If your Rokus no longer show your Wi-Fi SSID as an available network then it's likely your router has its Wi-Fi channel set to "Auto" and it switched to an unsupported channel.  Post more information including the model numbers of your Rokus and whether you're trying to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@kangahawk wrote:

... All other devices work fine so its not the router.

Oh, how many times this statement is shown to just not be true.  For simple troubleshooting, try restarting both the router and the Roku devices.  Otherwise, and especially if you have multiple Roku devices drop offline simultaneously, you will have to verify that both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz radios are broadcasting. Also verify that your router settings are configured as follows for the Roku to be able to connect...

2.4gz network band..... Radio Enabled/On, set Channel between 1-11, not Auto, 12, 13, or 14, Protocols/Mode set to b/g/n, Bandwidth 20Mhz.

5gz network band..... Radio Enabled/On, set channel 36-48 or 149-161, not Auto or any channel 52thru140, Protocols/Mode set to N/AC, Bandwidth 20mhz or 40mhz(preferred) or 20/40.

Express and Premiere use the 2.4gz band, all other Roku models can use either the 2.4gz or 5gz bands of your network.

If you still have problems, post back your Roku models, your router model number, and the Wireless Settings you have configured in your router regarding channels and bandwidth.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

JackN777
Streaming Star

It may very well indeed be the router.

If you folks can access and adjust your WiFi routers, then try forcing it to use 2.4 GHz channels 1, 6, or 11, instead of auto.

Worth a shot...

- Roku Express+ 3910X
- Roku Express+ 3910RW
- Roku Express+ 3710X