Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelly99

Re: Roku not finding any wireless networks

My Roku can’t seen to find my wireless network, so I set it to factory setting and can’t seem to pass through that stage.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Nelly99you didn't provide the model number of your Roku, so we have to make some guesses.

For Roku devices that only support 2.4 GHz WiFi, your router must be using channels 1-11. The best channels to use are 1, 6 or 11, depending on congestion in your location. If the router is using channels 12, 13 or 14, it will be invisible to your Roku. I can't tell you how to determine what channel is in use, as that varies by device. But usually you log into a user page with a computer browser.

For devices that support both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi, you have the same channel restriction for 2.4, and for 5 GHz the channel must be 48 or below, or 149 or above. The channels in between are labeled DFS, and Roku devices will not recognize those channels either.

Does your device see any WiFi, and it's only yours that isn't shown, or is it completely blank? If the latter, then it's possible the Roku is defective. Also, if you're using a newer Roku Stick (connects directly to the TV without a cable), then make sure you're using the power cable that came with the Roku, and not a standard USB cable. Those model Roku Sticks have the WiFi antenna built into the cable.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jiffy1019
Binge Watcher

I just did your suggested steps. Didn't work. My Roku says that I have no network connection, even though I do. My internet is working fine

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jiffy1019

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Did you already try rebooting your wireless network? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Linzeelue

I can only say what worked for me and I really hope that someone finds this in the comments or a reply because I didn’t know how to comment in here and I’m sorry I have been on the phone all day with on Ryukyu hotline they sent me all around the world but when I finally got to the person, this is what they told me to do and it worked my Internet would not connect at all. It was not the Internet. It was the TV MAC address which is an hardware faulty, is what I was told. I tried everything in the comments nothing worked, so I finally had to bite the bullet and call Roku hotline. I’ll unplugged the tv then I press the power button on the TV actually for 60 seconds, then plug the TV back up and go to your Wi-Fi connection and it should work it did for me to save time from calling the hotline and being on it all day, and if you’re like me, who restarted your whole system it let me put my apps back on through my phone instead of individually doing it on tv I have a ONN ROKU TV 50” I hope this helps someone 

Mistermac56
Channel Surfer

My Roku Ultra hadn't updated firmware in over a year. With the assistance from a Roku support rep, I solved my issue with wireless connectivity by plugging an Ethernet cable from my network switch into my Roku Ultra and it immediately performed a firmware upgrade to the latest version. After the Ultra rebooted, I disconnected the Ethernet cable and successfully connected to my WiFi network and haven't had any issues since.

Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Linzeelue wrote:

I tried everything in the comments nothing worked, so I finally had to bite the bullet and call Roku hotline. 

I don't know who you called, but Roku does not offer phone support. Many web sites offer to support Roku, but they are usually trying to steal your user account information. If you called such a number, I strongly suggest you log into your Roku user account and immediately change your password. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Mistermac56
Channel Surfer

I know all about scammers. I was sent an email directly from a Roku support rep and given a toll free number to call and given a trouble ticket number. I was never asked for any personal info or payment info. The rep gave me the info to try and it fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

I'm still leery. I have never heard of Roku offering a toll free number. Now, perhaps they've finally improved their tech support. I'm very glad your issue is resolved. But I still recommend watching your account, and any credit cards you have linked to your account.

Dan

0 Kudos
Takleun

Thank you! Whoever you are.

😀

0 Kudos