Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BumRap

Hotel/dorm function not working

ONLY 1 REPLY??? posted in February of 2023

I have the same issue. It connects says connected I sometimes get it to check connection to get the prompt and that will sit but once I select hotel dorm I get a flash screen with a code for the direct-roku ###### and in less than 5 seconds it is scanning the connection and I cannot log into the direct-roku ##### to connect. the SSID disappears so if I hypothetically had the code to enter it cannot connect. That code even changes so this is a non starter. please provide relevant assistance as this is not following the prescribed solution which are generic at best and ignore the issues reported. All other methods have been tried

3820RW-Streaming Stick 4K

X01700W4S3SX

12.0.0 build 4184-CU

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming stick 4k: hotel/dorm function not working

Hi @BumRap,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'll gladly help you with this. Since this is a network issue, you can follow this troubleshooting step below:

A network reset is done from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Once performed, kindly check to see if you're able to connect to the Hotel/Dorm network and if it resolved the issue. Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos