Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMURRAY

Hotel dorm connect - phone won't connect to tv

I have been trying to connect to my Roku TV to the hotel dorm Wi-Fi function for like 2 weeks. I finally figured out how I am supposed to log into the direct Wi-Fi from my phone to the TV so that I can authenticate the TV and enter the password to be able to log into the Wi-Fi but my phone will not connect to the TV so that I can do that. I restarted everything I have reset everything I even bought a different Roku device and tried the same thing and my phone still will not connect to the Roku thing so that I can authenticate the wi-fi. How do I do this before I pull the rest of my hair out?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hotel dorm connect - phone won't connect to tv

You can't use hotel/dorm connect until your device finishes its initial setup, so if it's new, you'll have to connect your device something like the hotspot on your phone to accomplish that.  Once it finishes, you should be able to connect to the hotel/dorm Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos