Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexandriaMaxey
Channel Surfer

Hisense Roku 43” Isn’t Connect To Dorm Wi-Fi Anymore

I Originally Bought A 32” Roku For School ,It Worked For About 2-3 Before It Stopped Connecting To The Wi-Fi ,So I Just Put It Up ,And Used My Laptop For Tv/Movies . I Couldn’t Find A Solution To Fixing The Problem ,So I Just Chalked It Up To The Tv Being Messed Up ,Or Something ,Since My Wi-Fi Worked Fine For Everything Else …. I Recently Got Another One For Christmas (Hisense 43” Roku) ,And It Worked Fine The First Day ,And As I Tried To Connect The Next Day ,And Sign In Into The Wi-Fi ,It Keeps Saying Incorrect Password ,Or Loads ,And Doesnt Do Anything (Same As The Other Tv). Can Anyone Pleaseeee HELP ️I’ve Tried All The Reboots ,And Resets ,And Secret Menus ,NOTHINGS Working . My Wi-Fi Works Fine For Everything Else .

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku 43” Isn’t Connect To Dorm Wi-Fi Anymore

Hi @AlexandriaMaxey,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having trouble setting up your Roku TV for your network, and we'd like to be of assistance here.

When you say "incorrect password," are you connecting to a different network? Or this is the same network, resulting in the same issue.

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlexandriaMaxey
Channel Surfer

It’s Already Been Connected Before . (The Password To Connect The Tv To Phone ,Not Wi-Fi Pasword) And When It’s Time To Resign In (Every 24 Hours) I Have To Reconnect ,And Sign In ,BUT It Says Incorrect Password . The Password On The Tv Hasn’t Changed ,And I’m Putting It In Correctly ,I Have It Remembered From How Many Times I Had To Reenter It . it Did Connected Yesterday No Problem, But Today It’s Doing It Again . All The Information Is Correct . 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AlexandriaMaxey,

Thanks for getting back to us!

This has been validated by the team, and we advise you to see whether there is anything preventing Roku from streaming. Alternatively, see if you can link it to a mobile hotspot to make sure the TV isn't the problem.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlexandriaMaxey
Channel Surfer

The Tv Connects Fine To Other Wi-Fi ,That I Don’t Have To Sign Into ,But This Is My Primary Internet. It Works Some Days ,And Other Days It Doesn’t . 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@AlexandriaMaxey,

Thanks for the update!

In this situation, we advise contacting your IT department and requesting more help. We have confirmed that the TV functions properly when linked to an alternate network.

Please come back here and report back on how things worked out.

All the best,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlexandriaMaxey
Channel Surfer

It’s not working out ,and it has nothing to do with IT ,They Already Checked It Out . Something Is Wrong With The Tv ,This Isn’t The First Tv ,And Not The Only Tv Here That’s Roku ,That Does It . Not To Mention Others On Here Are Reporting The Same Problem With No Fix . This Will Definitely Be The Last Roku I Buy . No Way I’ve Bought Multiple And They All Do The Samething . 

0 Kudos