Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dd63962
Reel Rookie

Getting Advance Wireless Receiver Error

So today, I was watch tv on my Roku streaming stick and all of sudden, I get a pop up of not connected to internet and my controller stop working too. I reseted the streaming stick. Works for a little and throws the advance wireless receiver is not connected. I reset it again and checked everything is connected. Then after a few minutes of working fine, i get the same error again and remote doesn’t work when this error pops up.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting Advance Wireless Receiver Error

Hi, @dd63962

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the issue you've encountered, and we would be more than glad to assist. May we know what error code or message you see when this issue occurs? Also, have you tried connecting the Roku Streaming Stick to another HDMI cord and making sure that the cables and cords are firmly attached?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dd63962
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi The message that get displayed is advance wireless adapter is not connected. It always happens, after using my Roku a little bit. The symptoms are the remote stops working and displays no internet connection and then the advance wireless adapter error. Everything is connected correctly. Used it on another tv and it’s the same problems.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@dd63962,

Thanks for the update!

We'll need reinforcement from our Support team about this. I also sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I just started experiencing this on my Roku stick as well. Been using it fine for along time and just started doing it. Didn't change ports or connections. Unplugged it. Switched it around same error so put it back into the original USB and HDMI 1 port.  Model 3810x. Sn 2139cd775523

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Southernjeepn06,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

As the other moderator has mentioned, may we know what error code or message you see when this issue occurs? Do you happen to have another TV we could use to attach this Roku streaming stick to, just to check if the same issue persists? Lastly, do you have a spare HDMI cord we can utilize?

Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos